How to Apply
Before completing your application via the ABAI Web Portal, please read through all instructions. All materials must be received in order for a candidate to sit for the board examination. Click on a topic for details and requirements of each component of the application process.
It is the responsibility of the candidate or diplomate to ensure that all required materials are received by ABAI in a timely manner.
Once all materials are received and processed by the ABAI, candidates or diplomates will be given further details and instructions regarding the examination.
Please contact ABAI with any questions or concerns. Thank you for your participation.
For Initial Certification
Exam Application Overview
- Application and Agreement - Complete the application via the ABAI Web Portal. Carefully review the completed application to avoid any errors. Be sure to sign and submit the application agreement form and a photo to ABAI.
- Fees - Submit the exam fee when completing the application online. Fees can only be paid by Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover in US funds.
- Cancellation Policy - The examination fee will be returned if a written request is submitted to ABAI before the cancellation deadline. ABAI retains the processing fee in all cases. See our schedule of fees for details.
- Valid Medical License - Copies of all valid medical licenses displaying an expiration date can be uploaded via the ABAI Web Portal or mailed, faxed or e-mailed to ABAI.
- Recommendation Letters - Complete your information on the recommendation letters and distribute them to two qualified individuals.
- Training Program Documentation - Contact your program director to ensure that all training documents have been submitted.