Test Site Registration Procedures
Test site registration is conducted through Pearson VUE.
How to Register
To register for the examination via telephone please call 1-877-392-3926. Candidates will be able to register via telephone from Monday through Friday, 7:00AM - 7:00PM CST.
Click here to begin the online registration process. Services available online include:
- Create a web account (username and password) to register online.
- Passwords are e-mailed within 48 hours.
- Schedule or reschedule an exam.
- View testing center locations.
- Get telephone information to register via phone.
- Contact customer service at Pearson.
- Link to the MRA website to view the Tutorial, FAQ's, and Candidate Rules.
Please e-mail MRA with any questions about the Computer Based Testing and Specialty Board Exams.
At the Test Site
Check-in at Pearson Professional Centers
When you arrive at Pearson Professional Center, Pearson Professional Center staff is required to follow the procedure below for each candidate.
- Request two forms of signed identification (ID) (at least one with photo)
- Capture electronic signature and verify that signatures match IDs
- Capture palm vein image
- Capture digital photograph
- Distribute Pearson VUE Candidate Rules Agreement (pdf) document
- Show candidate where to store belongings
- Offer candidate erasable note board/pen
- Admit candidate
In order to be admitted into the examination room, you will be required to present the following:
- two forms of identification, at least one photo ID
It is imperative that both forms of identification be current (not expired) and signed. One form of identification must include a recent photograph of you, and the name on it must be identical to the name in ABAI records (listed on the ABAI Web Portal). If the name on your identification does not exactly match the name on your confirmation letter, please contact ABAI. These two forms of identification must both include your signature.Acceptable Forms of Picture Identification
(Must be government-issued and include a photograph and signature)
- Valid (not expired) driver's license
- Valid (not expired) state identification card
- Valid (not expired) passport
- Social security card
- Valid credit card
- Bank automated teller machine card
Lateness and Cancellations
If you do not arrive within 30 minutes of the scheduled exam starting time, you have technically forfeited your assigned seat. If you arrive late, it is at the discretion of the testing center as to whether or not you may still take the exam. The test administrator at Pearson Professional Center will make every effort to accommodate a late arriving candidate; however, the administrator must ensure that all candidates are not affected.
Cancellations must be made at least one business day (24 hours) before the exam is scheduled to be taken. You may cancel over the phone (877-392-3926) or on the Pearson VUE website. At the time of registration, candidates are informed of the cancellation policy.
If you do not arrive for an exam within 30 minutes of start time, your appointment may be cancelled. If you are not rescheduled, at midnight the status of the exam will be changed to no-show, and the exam is cancelled.